The SASC ?launched the ?Healthier Masculinities Program in 2015. ?The program is designed to encourage male identified and masculine presenting students to get involved in creating an awesome, safe and caring community. The Healthier Masculinities Program is a multi-faceted project, which works to engage men and masculine-identified folks in anti-violence work in the UBC Vancouver community.
The project’s goal is to eradicate gender-based and sexualized violence by critically examining the damaging stereotypes that society teaches us about masculinity, and what it means to be masculine. This can include engaging in discussions on power, privilege, mental health, boundaries and consent, gender stereotypes, incarceration rates, and sexuality. This program aims to provide space for folks to engage in these conversations through educational programming, social media campaigns and ongoing learning and unlearning.
Our mission statement is to educate and empower student on the UBC Vancouver campus to stand against sexualized and gender-based violence, by promoting a culture of healthier masculinities.??
Check out our Men’s Circle เครดิตฟรีHERE
Our guiding principles include:
- Working from an anti-colonial, anti-oppressive and intersectional lens
- Acknowledging privilege and positionality
- Promote open, safer spaces to discuss and express various forms of masculinity
- Establish participant driven learning while safely and strategically challenging negative behaviour
- Broaden the community of understanding by engaging in topics and activities outside of masculinity
- To develop a broad, diverse, inclusive, friendly, consistent and inspiring community
- Critically acknowledge, utilize, and challenge gender social constructs
- Strive to embody healthy expressions of masculinity
- Remain accountable to intersectional feminist knowledge and frameworks, and to the women and non-masculine identified folks in our community